Fylkingen is hiring an administrative producer!
We are now looking for a producer and administrator for the period, August 2021 -June 2022
Fylkingen - New Music and Intermediate Art
Fylkingen is an artist-driven, non-profit association and stage for new music and intermediate art, performance, dance and film. Since its inception in 1933, the association has worked to promote contemporary experimental art and music. The association consists of over 300 members from all over the country. The association's premises are used by our members to develop their artistic processes and realize them through member-driven productions. The association conducts over 100 productions annually, which engages around 400 national and international performers. Fylkingen collaborates with important institutions both in Sweden and abroad, and also has its own publishing company Fylkingen Records which publishes various media
The association Fylkingen is today run by a board of seven members and a production group of 6 people, an administrative producer and a house technician. In addition to great volunteer work by all the members of the association.
We are looking for a producer and administrator during the period August 2021 - June 2022. As a producer, you are an important hub in Fylkingen's operations and have a great overall responsibility for the association's administrative part of operations and productions. You assist the association's board, production group and Fylkingen Records in their work. You handle bookings of our productions in collaboration with our production group, our members and partner organizations. You handle the booking of our premises, negotiate collaborative projects (co-productions) and manage Fylkingen’s premises together with the association's technicians.
Overall tasks and responsibilities listed below
● Responsibility for the association's administration
● Booking of productions and premises
● Communication both internally and externally as communications and PR manager
● Marketing of the association’s performances and activities
● Responsibility for the association's financial administration, such as invoice management, supply orders for the bar and office
● Work on grant applications and accounts
● Administrative support for the board and production group, participation in production and board meetings and responsibility for keeping our working groups updated on the business
● Continuously gathering statistics and reporting the association's activities.
Terms of employment
Employer: Fylkingen New music and Intermedia art
Duration: 10 months, August 16 - June 16, with possibility of extension
Working hours: Part time, 50%
Salary (incl. vacation compensation): according to agreement
Start of employment: earliest August 16
Note that the work includes evening hours and some weekends
● Experience of administrative work, marketing, communication, contact with artistic activities, producers and cultural funding bodies.
● Experience of cultural grant applications and accounts.
● Experience of performing arts and music production.
● Experience of contact with international artists and organizations
● Good language skills in spoken and written Swedish & English.
● Experience working in digital environments
● Experience of work in artist-driven activities / non-profit association.
● Experience in managing a business administration and accounting
● A broad network of contacts in the cultural sector
● Knowledge of serving conditions, interval sales and hosting audiences.
● Skills in stage and lighting technology
● Applicants are asked to send their CV, a personal letter and two references no later than
May 17, 2021 at 5.00 pm to email@example.com. Note that applications are processed on an ongoing basis
● Contact person: Lise-Lotte Norelius, interim chairman
● We only answer questions about the employment/application via email and to the extent possible
We thank all the candidates for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted